How to reach Pisa
If you arrive by train you should get off at the Central Station ("Pisa Centrale"). The Station is about 2 km from the Faculty of Engineering. There are buses which stop in front of the Central Station which can bring you closer to our Office in Via Bonanno Pisano (bus n° 3 direction S. Jacopo, bus n° 5 direction CEP).
If you arrive by bus the bus will stop at Piazza Sant'Antonio, which is quite close to the Central Station.
If you come by plane, you will arrive at the Galileo Galilei Pisa International Airport. The Airport is very close to the city. There you will find buses and the train to the Central Station.
The University of Pisa is located on many different buildings spread all other the city. In order to arrange permanent accommodation for the whole period of your stay in Pisa, you have to visit the rooms and negotiate with the landlords personally before signing a contract.
Our University does not have an accommodation service for foreign students but offers a Welcome Point Service, supporting students in finding accommodation and offering a few solutions at reasonable prices.
You can also find help contacting:
1) Erasmus Student Network
- facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22153885839
2) AEGEE Pisa:
- facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/erasmus.pisa/
To study at the School of Engineering
The Faculty is located in different buildings:
- Main Engineering Building and Polo Didattico A, hosting part of the administrative offices of the Faculty of Engineering, the Central Library, several engineering departments, two graduation/conference halls and classrooms.
- Polo Didattico B, hosting the Interdepartmental Computing Center and part of the administrative offices of the Faculty of Engineering and classrooms.
- Polo Didattico C, hosting classrooms.
- Polo Didattico F, hosting classrooms.
The library system at the University of Pisa is composed of the centralized service and 16 libraries. It directly manages the catalogs and databases, the computerization of library services, the relationships with other library systems.
The library system of the Faculty of Engineering consists of a number of distributed library locations providing a number of high level information services (consultation, loan, catalogs, document retrieval, interlibrary loans, etc.) to support and facilitate the research and educational programs of the Engineering Division. The library’s policies and many electronic resources, including the online catalog, are accessible from the website at:
The ”Centro di Servizi Informatici della Facoltà di Ingegneria”, gives the following services:
- Provider of the Faculty network and connectivity towards the University network
- Management of network services for academic staff and students of the Faculty
- Buyer of hardware and software material for official courses of the Faculty
- Technical consulting for the Faculty personnel
It is also possible to have access to the computer rooms of the various departments, following the procedures that each department requires. In general it is enough to make a reservation, writing your name on a register for the day and time you plan to use the computer.
The activities of the University Sport Center are open, at reduced cost, to all students enrolled at the University of Pisa, including international and visiting students. There is a wide range of choice, from athletics to volleyball, the martial arts to swimming. Enrollment to the courses requires:
- medical certification of fitness for noncompetitive sport activities;
- the receipt for the payment of university fees (or enrollment certificate).
The CUS office is located in via Napoli 49, near via del Brennero (bus line 2).
Students have access to the three university cafeterias, located in Via dei Martiri in the historical center of Pisa, in Via Betti in the Cisanello area, and in via Cammeo, near the Engineering School. Lunch and dinners are served cafeteria style or to go for € 2,50 seven days a week.
For further information see: http://www.dsu.pisa.it/pisa/studenti/ristorazione/nostre_mense/index.html
Upon enrollment you will receive instruction on how to obtain the cafeteria magnetic card.